boy gets saved from stuck foot in escalator

Post: July 21st, 2010: ERS-2010-07-21 #213 Show Notes

Click Here to download ERS-2010-07-21 #213 Wow, I never thought I’d see the day when there was a death relating to a residential elevator entrapment. A story on today’s show, which was covered all over the place, actually involved a man and a wife getting stuck in their home elevator and died due to heat exposure. If you install or maintain residential elevators this is a great opportunity to send a letter out to your customers informing them of the importance of residential elevator maintenance and making sure telephones work and are installed. This is very important in light of the recent article covered on today’s show!

News Links: Elevator Upgrades, Part II – Interesting Marketing YouTube  Elevator Video Metro Launches internal Review of Dupont Circle Metro riders express frustration over mounting escalator issues Girl saved from escalator mishap Man critical after horror fall from escalator Hyundai Elevator said to plan 80 billon won of bonds Another Escalator Safety Story Debate over Chicago’s highest eatery New elevator ready for liftoff Elevator repairman burned when shocked Couple died of heat exposure in home elevator Fire forces evacuation of Milwaukee Highrise iPhone Controlled elevator shoes Idiot shown shooting video on top of elevator Cost to continue operating elevators going up with code changes Firefighter stair climb helps burn victims Law includes changes involving fire safety, elevators Broken elevator strands tenants City elevator program in doubt Elevator kills two workers Intense hunt on for sexual assaulter Space Elevator Blog – who is Lasermotive?